Although sweating is a natural process that helps to keep the body cool during the hot summer days, it sometimes emits an unpleasant odor.
Body odor is the last thing you want when you are in an office meeting or attending a special occasion, or on the first date with someone.
There are various home remedies that you can apply as a precaution to get rid of the body odor, especially on hot summer days.
Here are some of the best home remedies to get rid of body odor:
Now lets see how to use these home remedies for body odor…
Lemon is an ingredient that is readily available in every Indian household. It has multiple benefits and can be used to reduce body odor as well.
Lemon is acidic in nature which helps lower the pH level of your skin, thus killing bacteria that produce body odor.
How to get rid of body odor using Lemon?
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Rub your underarms with half of the lemon.
- Keep squeezing it a bit as you apply.
- Let it air-dry.
Another way to use lemon to remove body odor:
- Spread a bit of salt on a plate.
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Dip the halves in the salt, and gently rub them on your underarms.
- Wash underarms with clean water after about 10 minutes.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another common kitchen ingredient that is use to reduce body odor.
It helps in absorbing sweat, altering skin pH, and suppressing bacterial growth, thus helping in reducing body odor.
How to get rid of body odor using Baking Soda?
- Prepare a paste with baking soda and water.
- Apply directly on the armpits.
This helps to decrease moisture levels and reduce sweat gland secretions.
Another way to use baking soda to remove body odor is by using it as talc:
- Pat it onto your underarms or between your toes.
- Dust off the excess once it’s dry.
3. Green Tea Bags
Green Tea Bags are rich in antioxidants. It also has detoxifying potential and is thus very useful for reducing body odor, especially smelly armpits, and stinky feet.
How to get rid of body odor using Green Tea Bags?
- Dip some green tea bags in warm water.
- Once completely soaked, press against the underarm region and on the feet for 5 minutes each.
- Rinse it off.
This will help reduce the secretion of sweat from the sweat glands.
4. Rock Salt
Rock salt (Sendha Namak) is another common household item that has powerful cleansing properties. So it is used to eliminate excess sweat.
It can also be used to reduce the microbes present on the surface of the skin thereby reducing body odor.
How to get rid of body odor using Rock Salt?
- Add a few crystals of rock salt to a tub or bucket of lukewarm water.
- Mix well until they dissolve completely.
- Take a shower.
This will help to keep sweating and body odour under control.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains ample amounts of acetic acid. Thus it is effective in changing the pH of the skin, which in turn destroys odor-producing bacteria.
So it is one of the best remedies you can use to get rid of body odor.
You can use white vinegar instead of Apple Cider Vinegar as well.
How to get rid of body odor using Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Immerse a cotton ball into diluted apple cider vinegar.
- Dab it on your armpits, feet, and other parts of the body that sweats a lot.
6. Tomato Juice
Tomato is a natural antiseptic that can destroy a range of body surface bacteria. Thus helping in reducing body odor to a great extent.
It is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in wiping out excess sweat and reduces sweat secretion.
How to get rid of body odor using Tomato Juice?
- Take a few tomatoes and make a juice out of them.
- Immerse a cloth in that tomato juice and smear it on the armpits, feet, and other areas of your body that tend to sweat a lot.
- Rinse after 10-15 minutes.
This helps to close the pores on your skin and suppress excessive sweat production which in turn reduces body odor.
These are some of the home remedies you can apply that will help you get rid of body odor.
The remedies can be easily made from ingredients that are readily available in your household.