Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are not the ultimate way for taking care of the face. You need to exfoliate the skin on a regular basis for the removal of dead skin cells and also blackheads.
For this purpose, you need to exfoliate your face using scrubbers or scrubs. The face washes are not really enough to scrape out the dirt present underneath the deep skin.
Exfoliation allows the elimination of such whiteheads, blackheads and also improves the texture of your skin.
There are many exfoliators available in the market or online stores. But you can make them with natural ingredients too. The homemade natural facial scrubs are safe on the skin and are easily available at reasonable prices.
Below mentioned are some of the natural homemade scrubbers that will help you to exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Coffee beans Scrub
- Oats- Almond Scrub
- Gram flour (Besan) & Tomatoes
- Fullers Earth and Aloe-vera Gel
- Rice powder and raw papaya
Now lets see each of these in details…
Coffee beans Scrub
The usefulness of coffee is not only restricted to drinks but the use of coffee as an exfoliator is immense. Coffee has immense skin benefits one would love to know.
Coffee boosts collagen production, fights signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines, acts as a shield to the sun, burns on the face and skin, reduces cellulite, inflammation, acne, and improves skin tone and texture.
Filled with antioxidants caffeine adds radiance and glow to the skin by retaining moisture and can be used to make homemade natural facial scrubs.
How to make and use homemade coffee beans scrub?
- Take 2 teaspoons of coffee powder or grounded coffee beans.
- You can mix yogurt with it if you have dry skin, else adding lemon or only rose water would also work. Adding lemon also removes skin tan intensely.
- Mix them well and rub them all over the face in a circular motion for 8-10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cold water and pat them dry.
You can also buy Coffee scrub online.
Oats are an excellent scrubber for the face. It promotes deep cleansing of dirt from the pores as well as getting rid of dead skin cells.
Almonds also help in skin exfoliation by polishing the skin and leaving a healthy natural glow on the face. You can add honey to the mixture for added skin benefits.
You can get a number of almond scrubs on online sites. The almond facial scrubs of Biotique and Everyuth are very good and are gentle for skincare.
How to make and use homemade Oats-Almond Scrub?
- Take a spoonful of oats and grounded almonds and add honey to it.
- You can also add coconut water or milk to the mixture.
- Rub all over the face, neck, and other parts of the body in a circular motion for at least 10 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and apply a moisturizer after your towel dries your face.
You can also buy Almond Scrub online.
Gram flour (Besan) & Tomatoes
Gram flour is an excellent ingredient for a face pack and also as a face scrub.
Besan helps in exfoliating dead skin cells and is effective in tan removal. It is also a good conditioning agent for the skin.
The scrubbing action of gram flour has an added advantage for removing fine facial hair. It also controls sebum production of the skin removing excess sebum and dirt.
It can be used with tomato juice. The juice of tomatoes is also very good for eliminating the dark patches of the skin and improving skin texture.
How to make and use homemade Gram flour (Besan) & Tomatoes Scrub?
- Take 2 teaspoons of besan in a bowl.
- You can add raw milk to it if you want.
- Cut a tomato into slices dip them in the gram flour and rub those tomato slices on the face and neck for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Use it twice a week for best results.
Multani Mitti & Aloe-vera Gel Scrub
Fuller’s Earth, commonly known as Multani Mitti, is the best thing anyone can include in the summer.
It provides a cooling and soothing effect and will make you feel refreshed.
This scrub is very effective in reducing acne breakouts and pimples and is best for oily skin. The Multani Mitti eliminates dirt from deep skin layers.
Aloe vera gel added to the Multani Mitti deeply cleanses and lightens the skin tone.
How to make and use homemade Multani Mitti & Aloe-vera Gel Scrub?
- Add 1 teaspoonful of aloe vera gel in 2 teaspoons of Fuller’s earth.
- Mix them well and apply them all over the face.
- Massage the face in a circular motion.
- Rinse off the scrub with cold water after 10 minutes and pat the face dry.
Rice powder & raw papaya
Rice powder is extensively used for skin lightening and mild scrubbing. Rice contains few pigments like ferulic acid and allantoin which act as a natural sunscreen.
It can act as a good anti-inflammatory and anti-aging agent too. Raw papaya mixed with rice flour helps to get rid of blackheads, whiteheads, dry and flaky skin as well as dead skin cells.
Also these two ingredients help to remove tan and dark circles.
How to make and use homemade Rice powder & raw papaya Scrub?
- Take a teaspoonful of rice flour.
- Mix papaya pastes with it.
- Rub it all over the face and neck in circular motions for 5- 7 mins.
- Wash off the scrub paste after that with cold water.
Use it twice a week for best results.
You can also buy Rice Facial Scrub online.
Mild Scrubbing is an equally important and essential skincare method like cleansing, toning, applying packs and sunscreen, and moisturizing.
Getting soft and supple skin is a desire for many women and thus scrubbing should also be included within your skincare routine twice a week.