Essential Oils are the plant extracts or concentrations retaining the aroma and essence of the actual source plant.
These aromatic-rich compounds emit the fragrance of the floral extracts. They are processed or diluted with a carrier oil to make the product ready for use.
The Essential Oils are generally distilled using a process called cold pressing.
They have profuse health effects and is essentially used in aromatherapy.
The aromas inhaled gets absorbed by the body cells and provides various health benefits.
In this article, I will tell you a bit about essential oils, some of the best essential oils, and their benefits.
Lets have a look…
- How to use essential oils?
- How do essential oils work?
- Types of Essential Oils
Now let’s see each of these in detail…
How to use essential oils?
Essential oils are not meant to be swallowed, just in case you are wondering. The aromas have to be inhaled and the strong chemical agents get absorbed in different parts of the body as per requirement.
You can also apply directly to the affected area of the skin. Apart from the affected part, you can use it in your normal skin and hair care routine.
These oils keep many problems and health issues at bay.
The essential oil comes in small containers of 10-15 ml. They are a bit costly since they are derived from the prime source plant.
5-6 ml of essential oil can be used with a suitable quantity of carrier oil say 5-15 ml and can be applied on the face and scalp.
You can use the essential oil by aromatherapy mode by adding 5-6 drops in a diffuser or simply adding few drops on a cotton ball and keeping it in the corner of the room.
How do these oils work?
The limbic systems of the brain get stimulated when the fragrance is inhaled.
The aromas help in relieving stress, control physiological functions like heartbeat, breathing.
The oils also help in curing any type of skin and hair infections. These oils have basic features to trigger emotions.
Types of Essential Oils
There are many essential oils available in the market but the most basic, useful, and easily available are listed below with their benefits.
1. Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Helps to cure blemishes and is an exceptional treatment for acne and pimple breakout.
- Clarifies all the marks on the skin and smoothens it
- Unclogs hair follicles to retain oxygen and moisture which will help in hair growth.
- Helps to fight dandruff and itchy scalp.
You can buy it here:
2. Ginger essential oil
Ginger is also a medicinal herb used in our house during cough and cold. It has ample medicinal properties.
This essential oil is useful for:
- Soothing of skin and scalp and eradicates fungal growth.
- Clarifies scalp by removing dandruff.
- Ginger when applied on the skin reduces skin aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines and you will miraculously experience youthful skin.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory as well as antibacterial properties.
You will get it here:
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint oil applied on the scalp increases blood circulation in the scalp which will promote hair growth.
- Have Antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- When inhaled this essential oil helps in getting relief from respiratory congestion
- The oils calm the mind and body and relieve stress and anxiety.
- Helps to combat any type of skin irritation.
Want to buy? Get it here:
4. Fenugreek Essential Oil
- Fenugreek has antiseptic properties which heal infections.
- This oil is very effective in preventing hair fall and dandruff.
- Fenugreek oil applied on the face helps in reducing puffiness.
- Helps in exfoliating dead cells of the skin and thus cleanses it.
- Applying the oil on roots makes hair smoother and shinier.
Try it now! Buy on Amazon:
5. Eucalyptus essential oil
- The oil contains antifungal properties
- It calms the body and mind and has a long-lasting effect on the body.
- Helps in unclogging the pores
- Soothes the skin and prevent the scalp from itching and irritation
- Also helps in reducing any mark on the skin and even blemishes.
Need it? Get it here:
6. Lemongrass Essential Oil
- It contains antistringent properties while helps in alleviating stress
- Helps to fight dandruff
- Keeps skin and hair soft, supple and glossy.
- It helps in enhancing the skin tone and tightens the skin.
- The oil is very helpful in minimizing the pores of the skin.
- Also helps in excess sebum production.
Grab it here:
7. Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rosemary essential oil promotes hair growth and prevents damage.
- It also nourishes the hair strands and makes your hair healthier.
- Rosemary essential oil is very effective in treating acne and blemishes.
- It detoxifies clogged pores and deep cleanses the skin and scalp pores.
You can buy it here:
8. Lavender Essential Oil
- This oil is extremely important as it purifies and rejuvenates the skin.
- This helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines of the skin.
- Lavender oil treats acne and pimples.
- Applying lavender oil to the scalp improves hair health and prevents hair breakage.
It is available on Amazon:
9. Lemon Essential oil
- Helps in getting clear skin and even skin tone.
- Lemon oil actively enters the pores cleanses and refines the skin by detoxification.
- Helps in removing excess oil from the skin.
- It also promotes new hair growth.
Need one? Get it now:
Apart from those mentioned above, there are also many other essential oils like turmeric, onion, lavender, patchouli, etc. that you can use.
You can get the essential oils in Amazon as well as in any beauty and health care range store like Nykaa and Purplle.
These essential oils are 100% pure and natural and are safe to use on the skin.
I know you and I both love glowing skin and shinier hair. So why worry, grab the secrets of nature to refurbish your skin and hair health every single day.